DNC - Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNC - Design 'N' Create - is an amature game designing group based in South Africa. The three founders - Dillon Theodore, Ntsikelelo Mnsitshana and Charl-André Fourie - are all big time teen gamers. Here, we will be discussing the fate of DNC.

HomePortalDarkrise - The Strain T4zad2Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Ubisoft "Likes" Proposed LastLight Franchise
Darkrise - The Strain EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:47 pm by DNC - DudeMan
You heard right! After a quick interview-like thingy between Matt and I using a simple IM, it turns out that DNC may actually have a chance of landing our first contract! And with Ubisoft!

Here follows quoted snippets of our discussion:

Quote :
MarterMatt125: DudeMan. Uppon reading DNC's plans, I must admit that I am greatly impressed. It's not every day we get something like this from someone of …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 4
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Poll
Do you think we've done reasonably well in our first year?
Definately! You came up with the coolest games and the site rocks! ^^
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcap57%Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Sure. You managed a fair amount. You could definately have done worse. ;)
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcap14%Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Kinda maby. You could've done more, but what you managed is ok. :
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcap29%Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Not really. I really think you could've done more. You still haven't chosen a theme song. :(
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcap0%Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not at all. You really let us down. You still haven't completed any of the games and the site's as dull as ever. ><
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcap0%Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7
Latest topics
» The Chat Box
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:20 am by DNC - DudeMan

» DNC's Game Priorities
Darkrise - The Strain EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» Darkrise Character Listing
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» awsome music
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:38 am by Kironi68

» game idea
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» Quick question... "Stamina" or "Will"?
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» Look, another IDEA!
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» Let's Sort Our Smilies!
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm by DNC - DudeMan

» Lee's Crazy Idea
Darkrise - The Strain EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 pm by DNC - DudeMan

Top posters
DNC - DudeMan
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcapDarkrise - The Strain I_voting_barDarkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap 
DNC - Osaka
Darkrise - The Strain I_vote_lcapDarkrise - The Strain I_voting_barDarkrise - The Strain I_vote_rcap 
Quisakal
leestriter
Kironi68
DNC - Subatomic
dsmiles
DNC - Banzai
DNC - KingN
Balufire
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Darkrise - The Strain

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Scorpio Posts : 270
Post Points : 5494

Last Light Character
Name: Zane Korahn
Age (True): 17
Race: [R] Hybrid

Darkrise - The Strain Empty
PostSubject: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Darkrise - The Strain Akflgo

Index: [All in blue are categories and subcategories still under construcion; all in red haven't even been started on yet]

-Introduction
-What is the Strain?
-Symbiology – How does the Darkrise Virus work?
-Infection Types
-Not Only Humans

-The Game
-Overview
-Characters
-Character Creation
-Controls & Gameplay
-Controlling Your Mutation
-Playing as an Animal
-Explore

-Profiles
-Create a Profile
-Rewards
-Infection Points
-Sharing Characters

-Other
-Glossary
-Credits

Introduction:

-What is the Strain?

(The following would be played as a video at the start of the game.)

Wales, Alaska – 12 May 1976…
A group of American scientists, known as “AGD-91” - “Altered Genetics Devision 91” - have started an underground project to create the perfect soldier in case of yet another war. Their goal is to create a serum – a kind of “drug” – to make a perfectly adaptable soldier. A soldier capable of literally adapting to his environment by physically changing – consciously mutating into something more, or even less. A “super-soldier” of sorts. They started experimenting with different chemicals and substances and test early concoctions on animal subjects. All died.

13 December 1998…
After over twenty years of experimentation started, the scientists believe they have created what they set out to create – a substance able to enhance the capabilities and functions of a human soldier, by allowing them to change their bodies in whatever way needed. They called their creation the Darkrise Serum. They started human trails. They acquired twelve volunteers from various universities, telling them they would form part of the human trails for an anti-viral medicine. They believed them. In one of the subjects, Alexandra Bennet, they found great genetic potential and locked her in a cryochamber. The rest were injected the serum. Eight of the students died. One became brain-dead, another went insane, but one, only one, survived with no apparent side effects. He appeared completely normal. The student, Andrew Smith, was told that the others were sent home. They continued testing him, but found that nothing had been enhanced, improved, or even disadvantaged. He appeared completely untouched by the Darkrise serum.

15 December 1998…
Half of the scientists are dead. What had once been dead test subjects, were now very living monsters. Andrew Smith had died the day before from unknown causes. The survivors had to completely destroy the subjects to stop them from killing them. The remains were incinerated – still alive. During the autopsy of Andrew Smith, the five scientists who were participating noticed an acceleration in bone growth. That’s the last thing their minds could process before Andrew killed and ate them all. Unbeknownst to any one at the time, Andrew had contracted rabies a few days before. The serum had bonded with the virus, and became something more. The Darkrise Virus had been born. Christened Patient Zero, Andrew escaped and entered the vastness of North America…

New York City, USA – 8 October 2010…
Nearly eleven years after Patient Zero escaped from the Wales compound, the Darkrise Virus had undergone significant mutation at least once. Today, there are three strains of the virus. First Generation, witch is only carried by Patient Zero, Second Generation, witch kills the host and regenerates them into a mutated, zombie-like state, and finally Third Generation. The third strain mutates it’s hosts while they are still alive. The scientists who originally created the Darkrise virus, are now trying to eradicate all who’ve contracted it, in an attempt to wipe the virus out. A group of third generation infected is being briefed by an unknown man. They are to flee to a secure ware house in Crucible, Pencilvania. From there, their next moves will be decided, that is, if they manage to survive AGD, to survive the Hunters.

“Darkrise: The Strain” is a kind of fusion between X-Men and Resident Evil. You get to choose your side. Will you be an infected, a hunter or simply a civilian? It’s your choice. Each faction (infected/hunters) have their own set of pre-set characters that follow a specific story, but The Strain allows you to create your own characters as well. As a custom character, you will be able to play as you want to and won’t have to follow a set story line. You will be faced with choices that will determine the outcome of the game.
-Symbiology – How does the Darkrise Virus work?

The Darkrise virus is a symbiotic super-organism capable of bonding with and mutating its host, in an attempt to enhance him/her to better its chances of survival.

Each individual microbe of the virus can’t do much. What makes this virus different form any other, is that each individual microbe are electro-chemically connected to the rest in a sort of “psychic network”, essentially forming a complex brain-like hive mind.

Working together, the millions of microbes within a host are able to change the host’s body in such a way that the host’s chances of survival are increased, so that the virus-hive within the host will survive along with it. Without a host, Darkrise microbes wither and die.

Mutation requires but one think: food. It works the same way as growth would. Nutrition is broken down into resources to “grow” certain parts of the body into the adaptations required. Without eating, the host will die faster than a normal human.

In certain instances, an advanced host will be essentially “possessed” by the virus and will be able to know where other infected are and what they are doing, sensing and thinking.

The virus can be contracted from an infected through fluids, be that blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, sperm or even sweat.

With any infected, mutations come in stages. It may start with fevers and aches. Later, when the actual changes start occurring, the stages will be more extreme, with intervals of a series of painful transformations. When the mutations are complete, the pain will gradually ease as the body excepts the new form.

-Infection Types

The Darkrise super-organism can be divided into four separate strains (the fourth of witch will only be revealed later on in the game as it reaches its climax). The four strains and needed subtypes are listed bellow:

First Generation:
(Aka G1) Patient Zero, the only (known) individual to be infected with the original strain of the virus was able to do exactly what the serum was meant to allow the “super-soldiers” to do.

Patient Zeno is able to consciously (and rapidly) mutate, rearrange and dismember his body. However, the virus has a few unexpected twists. The first is that the virus killed him. When Patient Zero woke up, he had lost much of his memory, and was near devoid of emotion. Though he still had the ability to think for himself, his actions are mostly influenced by instinct. He killed and ate the scientists who were performing his autopsy simply because he was hungry. An added side effect is that he is no longer capable of feeling pain, and is very hard to kill.

Because pain is no longer a factor, the way in witch Patient Zero adapts his body is often grotesque and sickening. He is able to literally rearrange himself into nearly any shape. He is even able to “regrow” parts of his body by using those of others and making them his own.

Patient Zero has one ability that none other have. He is able to control the virus of others, just as those of his own. His mind has bonded with that of the virus. In a sense, he is part of the Darkrise virus.

When Patient Zero’s fluids enter the body of another, they contract the virus, but do not become like Patient Zero. Instead, they contract Second Generation.

Second Generation:
(Aka G2) Like G1, G2 kills the host. Unlike G1, G2 infected have lost their selves completely. They are awoken as mindless zombies. If they had souls, these would have left the bodies when they died. They only act on instinct. They are incapable of thought. Because of this, they can not control their mutations or even rearrange their bodies as Patient Zero can. The virus mutates them all on its own.

The most basic behavior of any G2 is to find food. The mindless monsters will hunt down sustenance until their last dying breath.

When someone contracts the virus from a G2, they too will become one. The stages of transformation will not be painful at all, as there will be no mind to register pain.

Third Generation:
(Aka G3) When a young woman contracted the virus a few years ago, three major changes occurred with it. Firstly, she did not die. Her mind was still her own. Secondly, she started mutating. The virus was mutating her while she was still alive. But the major change was that she was able to control it to a degree. When she felt a stage of transformation coming, she was able to either accept or suppress it. In this way, she had vague control over her mutations. But the third and most notable change in the virus was this. For the blood type AB-, the blood type of the woman, the virus had become airborne.

This mystery woman may be the key to the cure. The hunters are after her. She has been christened Patient X.

Third Generation is the most advanced (known) strain of the virus. When it came, the hunters were no longer able to hide the virus from the public. It caused mass panic and pandemic-paranoia.

Individuals with the AB- blood type contract the virus by breathing it in. With everyone else, the conventional fluid contraction is required. Because G3 infected are still themselves, they generally won’t go around biting people for no apparent reason. Because of this, G3 infected are less common than G2.

G3 can be subdivided further into four classes:

- G3-HC: Human contraction. These infected were infected by the virus either through the airborne strain or by fluid-contamination. Their mutations come randomly and usually reflect their personalities, mainly because they are able to “control” their mutations. They are considered the norm of G3.

- G3-GC: Genetic contraction. The children of other G3 infected, G3-GC have already started their mutations while still in the womb. Their mutations are generally more extreme, often appearing allot more like something else than a human. They often have tails, multiple heads, no fingers, three eyes or other mutations that share resemblances to birth defects. Their mutations are complete as soon as they are born.

- G3-NHC: Non-human contraction. Those of the infected who were infected by plants or animals, G3-AC are able to stall their mutations, but they are already set. They will gradually become a half-human copy of the organism who infected them. If they were infected by a black dog with one blue eye and one brown, they will become a sort of permanent were-wolf with black fur, one blue eye and one brown one. Even being bitten by an infected insect (as long as it too is G3) or pricked by a thorn will bare the same type of result.

- G3-AC: Altered contraction. Though the hunters are trying to eradicate the virus, they have grown desperate. They are now infecting their own with slightly altered forms of the virus in an attempt to fight fire with fire. These altered strains aren’t contagious and the mutations are usually set.

Fourth Generation:
(Aka G4) Contradicting themselves, the hunters have taken G3 and have attempted to better it in such a way as to surpass the expectations of even the original serum. The result is G4, the most powerful of the Darkrise strains, even more so than G1.

G4 does no longer mutate at all. It bonds with the brain of the infected. It is the only strain to actually give the infected powers. Only seven G4 infected were… made, each with control over a set energy. You see, the hunters have managed to teach the Darkrise microbes to absorb a set energy and project it out again depending on commands by the infected.

Most individuals would not be able to contract G4. Most, that is, except for the few humans with the HPB (Hæmophilia B) genome disorder – a genetic disease carried by only 1 out of 30’000 people globally. What makes candidates even more rare, is that they mustn’t have completed genetic growth (reached genetic adulthood - 25) when the strain is administered, as the virus would not be able to bond with them. Because of this, only seven candidates were found and administered the virus. This includes Andrew Smith’s frozen girlfriend, Alexandra Bennet…

G4 Darkrise microbes are no longer controllable by Patient Zero or any of the G1 strain. They are the ultimate weapons.

-Not Only Humans

The original serum may have been created for humans, but humans are definitely not the only carriers. Nearly all non-microbial life forms are able to carry the virus and nearly all are affected by it. These organisms can pass on the virus the same way humans can, but unlike humans, infected become sterile.

Animals infected with G2 will become monstrous, zombie-like creatures, just like with humans. Animals infected with G3 won’t exactly mutate the way humans do. Generally, the animal’s features (especially with bone) will become more pronounced. Every member of a species will generally share near identical mutations, contrary to human mutations, witch appear unique and random. With simpler animals such as worms, however, the virus may kill them.

With plants, mutations may seam much more extreme than in animals. You may find that they’ll grow mouths, spitting organs or even simple limbs. This is because their bodies are generally simpler than that of animals. The more simple the plant, the more diverse and extreme the potential for mutations. Like animals, mutations are generally set for species.

Someone infected by a plant will experience strange mutations, such as the development of chloroplasts in skin cells and the transformation of sweat glands into stomata. The infected won’t necessarily grow leaves, but his/her skin will become more like the surface of one.

Like with microbial organisms, fungi are immune to the virus. The hunters tried to find the cause of the immunity in an attempt to create a cure, but they found that the virus may just not be interested in such simple life forms.

Although NHO (non-human organism(s)) to NHO contraction can not occur, it is still possible for an NHO to infect a human, be that plant or animal. The human will then mutate as a semi-human copy of the organism, as explained with G3-NHC. It can be quite easy to contract the virus in this way, as even eating an apple from an infected tree will infect you.

The Game:

-Overview

When Patient Zero escaped the Wales Compound, AGD-91 were able to follow his trail and kill all G2 the came in contact with, and so managing to stall the infection rate and keep the Darkrise Virus secret from the general public. Then Patient Zero disappeared, along with all new infections. Believing that the virus may have died down, the scientists abandoned the Wales Compound.

A few months passed before any sign of the virus was seen again. At first, GM-91 didn’t realize that it had anything to do with Patient Zero or the virus, but they quickly realized that the recent outbreaks of a mysterious condition were, in fact, the first cases of G3. Starting out as isolated infections, it soon grew into a near-country wide pandemic. The Hunters were caught off guard. The situation was too large to keep secret. With doctors baffled, the original creator of the Darkrise Serum and ex-leader of the scientists, Robert Craig, went to the press and revealed exactly what the virus was, but he kept secret the origins of the virus and exactly how it worked, or rather, what it was programmed to do.

Quarantines were set up all across the country, fear of the virus spread faster than the virus itself and the abandoned Wales Compound was reopened under AGD-92, who were granted access to military personal. Ashamed of what is creation had become, Robert Craig left GM. He was soon tracked down by them and was going to be killed in fear of him exposing what GM really was, when Patient Zero intervened by killing those who were after Doctor Craig and so saving his life.

The new GM branch is now hunting down all infected in an attempt to eradicate the virus to stop a global pandemic. Dr. Craig managed to persuade a group of infected to gather in an abandoned building in New York City. Without telling them who he was, he briefed them with the situation. He referred to AGD-92 as the “Hunters”. He told the group to head east to Denver, a cross country journey that will test their very being. Once there, they will decide on their next move. One thing is certain. They’ll have to keep moving to stay alive. After all, they are the Hunted, tracked by the Hunters.

As the player, you’ll be able to start out as either a Hunter, a Hunted or simply a civilian caught in the cross-fire, in witch case your choice will be made depending on how you play.

Though there are many preset characters to choose from, you will also have the option to play as a custom character, be that your own or one downloaded off the net. For preset characters, the story is set. For custom characters, the storyline depends off the way you play and the choices you make.

Hunter characters generally start out at the Wales Compound, while Hunted characters generally start out at the briefing with Doctor Craig. Civilian characters will start out at the location of your choice, unless the character is preset.

As the story progresses, you will discover more and more about the virus, up until the point where the pandemic becomes global and an apocalyptic ending plays out, with you caught in the middle. There are puzzles to be solved, bosses to be fought and hordes of zombies to get past. Whether or not you’ll face them is up to you.

Last edited by DNC - DudeMan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Nearly Everything)
Back to top Go down
https://dnconline.forumotion.com
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

Sagittarius Posts : 147
Post Points : 5312

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 pm

*throws Patient Zero at*
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm

-Characters

Name: Jake Nevada
Blood Type: O
Appearance (Pre-infection): Jake had brown eyes and was of European origin. He had strait, short, black hair, was of medium build and of average height. He had grey eyes and white skin. He wore finger-less black gloves, black special-forces-styled trousers, black running-shoes, a white, sleeve-less shirt and a black, hooded jacket.
Appearance (Post-infection): Black, wolf-like fur covers his entire body. He has a canine snout, ears, body build and tail. His hands and feet have become wolf-like claws. His left eye has become red and his right eye blue. All-in-all, he’s a humanoid copy of his dog. He wears the tattered remains of his clothes.
Personality: Jake is serious, fast-tempered, and loyal to his friends. He will try to find good in people, yet he has a strong sense of vengeance.
Bio: Jake grew up like any other kid. He always had a love of animals and used to be a fun person to hang around with, but at the age of 14, his parents were killed in a car-accident and he lost that trait. He was put in an orphanage, where he was treated like a street kid. No one wanted to adopt him, no one liked him and he had near no friends. His only true friend was a Belgian Sheppard he found on the streets about two years ago. He named the dog Spike.

He was very relieved when he graduated school, where he was an A+ student, because he could finally leave the orphanage and enter the world. Using the money his parents left for him, Jake bought an apartment in New York City. He studied medicine, veterinary science and biology at NYU for nearly a year. Then Spike contracted some sort of illness.

A few weeks later, Spike nipped him when he tried to take the animal to the vet. He became sick as well. A few days later, he was contacted by a mysterious man who told him to meat him at some sort of conference. Jake was amongst the few infected briefed by Dr Craig. He was in for a journey far more exiting than his dreams as a vet.
Infection Type: G3-NHC
Infected By: Spike, his dog
Infected At: 19
Infection Effects: At first, Jake’s senses slowly became like that of his dog. His eyes seemed to be changing colors a little bit and his sense of smell increased beyond what other’s noses are capable of. He later started developing fur and a craving for raw meat. His feet started thinning and longing. His nails hardened and sharpened, his ears gradually became pointed and his face became lupine. Within a few months, he was a semi-human replica of his dog.
Other: Jake loves animals and has a two-year-old male Belgian Sheppard (black version of a German Sheppard), called Spike, that goes with him wherever that may be. His all time hope was to become a vet, but that dream has just been smashed…

-Spike: A two-year-old Belgian Sheppard with black fur and a white patch on both his chest and tail tip. His left eye is red and his right is blue. He became infected before Jake, because he’s of the AB- blood type. In a play-fight, he nipped Jake’s finger and unwillingly infected him. As his infection advanced, he grew a more streamlined, almost cat-like body, bone spines along each vertebra and extreme stamina. He is much faster than your average hound.

Name: Danielle Bowen (Shade)
Blood Type: AB-
Appearance (Pre-infection): Shade had black hair, grey eyes and was of European decent. She wore flare-leg jeans that were torn at the knees. She wore a black shirt and belt. She usually had a black jacket on with chains and rips, and longs sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She wore one grey and black striped glove and a plain black glove, both an inch below her elbow on her arms. She wore black nail-polish and dark make-up. She had straight black hair just that ended just below her elbows.
Appearance (Post-infection): Her skin became pale, almost withered. She became thin and ill in appearance. Her finger tips were torn open, revealing inch-long bone claws. She painfully lost her nails as the claws took their place. At the time of her death, she had become almost skeletal, especially her hands.
Personality: Strict, rude and bold, she was quite hard to be around with, but once acquainted, she could be a very good friend. She would do anything to protect those she cared about. She was headstrong, tough, and very determined and persistent. The pain caused by her mutations made her fast-tempered and even aggressive. She would never, however, harm without reason.
Bio: She used to lead an average life. Nothing important ever happened to her. At the age of 17, however, her life was shattered. While she was out one night, her parents were killed in their home when a robbery went horribly wrong. She blamed herself for the incident and became Emo. She has remained this way since then. She became involved with the wrong crowds. Gangsters, druggies, the kind of people bad things are expected of. She gradually became a sad figure to behold, too proud to admit her faults. A few months ago, she started feeling ill…

A few weeks later, she was contacted by Richard Craig.
Infection Type: G3-HC
Infected By: Airborne strain
Infected At: 18
Infection Effects: The virus has started extending her finger bones into claws, of sorts. Too long for the skin, they tore through her finger tips, leaving her in extreme pain. She often feels light headed or ill and is worn out easily. More would’ve happened, but, sadly, Shade died before her infection could be completed.
Other: She knew Jake in school, but never really paid attention to him. Not until now, anyway.

Name: Michael Lerano
Blood Type: Rh+
Appearance (Pre-infection): Michael was Caucasian, with a heavy farmers tan, but pale everywhere else. He had deep brown, unkempt, hair. He had piercing green eyes, combined with a look of general uncaring, gave his face a look that you'd probably never forget. Standing about 5ft’10in and weighing about 140lbs, he was tall and thin, and not at all muscular. He wore black military-like clothing that made him seem as part of the Special Forces.
Appearance (Post-infection): (Later) He killed himself before the virus could take effect.
Personality: Michael was quiet, usually deep in thought, but when brought out of his trance, he is incredibly friendly, and fiercely loyal, he would protect his friends with his life. He also kept grudges for far longer then a normal person would, and combined with his slight anger problem, made getting on his bad side something you probably wouldn't want.
Bio: Michael grew up to a fairly middle class family, which is still alive somewhere – like he cares though, his family beat him as he grew up, causing him to become the quiet person he is. Upon turning 18, he was kicked out of his parent’s house, and they moved within a week. He never had contact with them again. He decided to join the military at one point. There, he became quite the fighter. He made his first friends, one of which being Virgil Blackmar. He showed great potential and was recruited by AGD at the age of 22. He was sworn to the official secrecy act, on which the slightest outside hint of what the hunters were doing would see him executed.

Sent to the Wales Compound, he met Dr Craig, who took quite a fancy to him. Michael became intensely loyal to the doctor and when he left, Michael left as well, becoming his unofficial body guard. Because of this, the Hunters have labeled him a traitor.
Infection Type: (Later) G2
Infected By: G2 mutant, Matthew Heartly
Infected At: 34, a few weeks after the briefing by Dr Craig
Infection Effects: He killed himself before the virus could take effect.
Other: He has two pistols tucked away in a holster on either side of his waist. He always carries them with him. Always.

Name: Alexandra Bennet (Alex)
Blood Type: AB
Appearance (Pre-infection): Alex was small and delicate-looking. She had dark hair that fell somewhere past her shoulder and haunted grey eyes with dark shadows under them. She had several strange scars on her arms, but they’re almost always concealed by the long sleeves of her grey jacket. Aside from her jacket, she always wore skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a torn-up pair of sneakers. Even though she’s 32, she still appears and feels 20, as her body was frozen in suspended animation for twelve years…
Appearance (Post-infection): Not much has changed, aside from her eye change. No longer haunted-grey, but blazing orange, quite reminiscent of her… abilities.
Personality: Alex is a very cheerful person when spoken to, but she is often quite silent the rest of the time. She may have a shy disposition, but when needed, she reveals a strong sense of leadership.
Bio: In high school, Alex battled with serious depression. It went unnoticed for many years because she hid it so well; nobody knew she was depressed until a boy noticed that she was cutting. He cornered her one day, made her talk to him, and slowly helped her to recover. Friendship turned into romance and they stayed together through their college years. Sadly, that boy happened to be Andrew Harper…

They were both taken by AGD sometime during 1998. Cryo-frozen for twelve years, Alex was completely oblivious to what had happened. The hunters released her little less than a year ago. She now has to battle with five frightening facts: That she had missed twelve years of her life, that she was being tracked by her ex-captors, that she now had powers that she couldn’t yet control, that all her future dreams would never be fulfilled and, most frightening of all, that she had lost her one true love, possibly forever…

She spent days wandering the streets of New York until she, too, was contacted by the mystery man.
Infection Type: G4
Infected By: The Hunters
Infected At: 32 (When awoken from her cryo-sleep)
Infection Effects: Other than the change of her eye colour, Alex now has an ability she does not yet fully understand. She can control ray energy. Light, heat, X-rays, gamma-rays, UV-rays, all could be controlled by her – she just doesn’t know her full potential yet.
Other: She longs to see Andrew again, but seeks comfort with others. She is at first able to use her powers for invisibility and later to ignite objects with her mind. She can be extremely quiet and perfectly still when she wants to be.

Name: Virgil Blackmar
Appearance (Pre-infection): Tall, medium built, marine style shaved head, black hair with what little there was and brown eyes. He had a slight tan and wore a black polo shirt with a dark blue hoodie pulled over his shirt, baggy blue jeans and dark blue running shoes.
Appearance (Post-infection): He has become extremely muscular. His expanded muscle-size almost makes his arms seem disproportionate towards the rest of his body. His brutish appearance is topped off by a new pale complexion and foggy eye colour. At death, his fingers will become more like tentacles and his mouth will be able to unhinge and open much farther than that of a normal human being.
Personality: Virgil would rather die then let a friend get captured or killed by the hunters. He can be fun to be around, but he knows when to be serious. His increased muscle size outs tremendous pressure on his brain. He often breaks down into extreme headaches and sometimes talks to himself. During one of these periods, he is over paranoid and over emotional. When he snaps back to normal, he has no recollection of the events.
Bio: Virgil grew up on a very small farm in the middle of nowhere, and decided at a young age that he wanted to protect his country, and he did, Virgil joined the marines, but when his unit found out about the infection, they were told to go in and capture subjects for experimentation so we could find a cure (though, in truth, they would simply be given to the hunters and killed), but he didn’t expect to contract the very virus he was fighting against.

He went a-wall as not to be captured by the very men he once called his friends. He went on the run until he was contacted by Dr Craig. He went to the secret meeting and found someone he didn’t expect. A long lost friend, Michael Lerano.
Infected At: 32
Infection Effects: Virgil's body has increased in size thanks to the rapid growth of his muscles. His infection has made him monstrously strong, but it puts some pressure on his brain and gives him extremely painful headaches that can be crippling at times.
Other: While in one of his fits, he may reveal what he was trying to keep secret. Since he will have no recollection of the event, this is a great disadvantage.

Name: Kevin Right
Blood Type: MN
Appearance (Pre-infection): Standing at 5"9, Kevin had pale skin due to under exposure to the sun. He had whitish-blonde hair, sea green eyes, a thin build and had scars on his hands from the numerous times he had a mishap while working with chemicals in his father's lab.
Appearance (Post-infection): Not much has changed, other than his ill-complexion and eye colour change. Like Alex, his eye colour has been altered by the virus. Instead of sea green eyes, Kevin now has nuclear green eyes.
Personality: Focused and confident when he is in his scientific mind set, but a shy and nervous person when with other people.
Bio: He has always been the scientific type, like his brothers, having worked with his father in a laboratory specializing in chemicals. When his parents split, he was torn in two. Only after weeks of thinking did he decide to stay with his father along with his brothers.

A few weeks ago, while wandering around town, Kevin and his two younger brothers, Steven and Devan, were confronted by a group of men in black clothing. Kevin distracted them, allowing his brothers to escape. Allowing himself to be captured, Kevin believed that he had saved his brothers. However, they too were captured a few minutes later.

Kevin woke up a few days later hundreds of miles from his home in Denver: New York City. He met up with Alex and together they attended the briefing by the mystery man, Dr Craig.
Infection Effects: Other than the change in eye colour, Kevin’s changes were at first unclear. He became quite ill from it. He will discover his powers purely by chance. He is now able to control chemical energy. He can make the materials at hand react with one another, create small explosions, ignite objects, change the pH level of substances and even control the chemistry within his own body to reduce his ill feelings.
Other: He is determined to get back to his brothers. After all, as the older of the three, he must act as their guardian.

Name: Devan Right
Blood Type: Rh-
Appearance (Pre-infection): Devan had white skin with a light tan, unkempt black hair and hazel brown eyes. He was a little shorter than Kevin, but already had some facial hair, such as a light mustache and goatee. He wore dark jeans, black skate shoes, black cycling gloves, a black, sleeveless hoodie and a black long-sleeved sweat-shirt underneath.
Appearance (Post-infection): Like Kevin, the only noticeable change was in eye colour. Instead of hazel brown, the colour became lightning purple.
Personality: Bored with most things, Devan’s only real likes were physics and skating. He is very explorative and serious when he finds something of interest. He doesn’t make friends easily, but will be quite loyal to those he has.
Bio: He has always had a fascination with physics and has always been excellent at school in mathematics and science. His marks went steadily down with everything else. Not because he didn’t understand the work, but because it bored him. He discovered skating a few years back and has devoted half his life to it – the rest went into his love for physics. The combination of the two allowed him to perform complicated skate maneuvers because he understood the physics behind it.

He always felt close to his family, though he was jealous that his father, the particle physicist, spent more time with Kevin than anyone else. A few years back, his family encountered problems when his parents split. Out of spite against his father, he didn’t hesitate to move out of Denver with his mom to Greeley. He visited his brothers a lot, though, and it was on one such visit that they were captured by the hunters.

When he woke up, he found himself in the middle of nowhere with nothing but his rucksack and Steven by his side. Together, they went in search of Kevin.
Infected At: 17
Infection Effects: Besides for the change in eye colour, Devan is now able to control mechanical energy. At first he was able to simply manipulate the movement of the objects he came in contact with, but later he’ll even be able to influence the Earth’s gravity.
Other: He always carries a black rucksack on his back. In it are his skate board, journals, physics books, extra clothes and some food. He was carrying it with him the day he was captured, because he was planning on running away…

Name: Steven Right
Appearance (Pre-infection): Steven was a short kid, with hazel-brown eyes and blonde hair. He was fairly thin, but was more outdoors-oriented than his brothers. He wore a pair of baggy jeans, white trainers and a white shirt and hooded jacket the day they were captured.
Appearance (Post-infection): Like his brothers, the only noticeable change was in eye colour. His eyes became solar-yellow.
Personality: He’s fairly shy and can be scared off by the tiniest thing. He’s not all that good at starting conversations and can get quite emotional at times. Though he doesn’t know it yet, he would give his life to save those he cares about.
Bio: He grew up a happy kid, with quite a few friends and not all that many troubles. When he came into high school, however, life became a living hell. He was constantly tormented by the “bigger kids” because of his shy personality and fairly short complexion. He bunked school on numerous occasions and even ran away sometimes. Matters did not improve when his parents separated. He chose to stay with his father because he didn’t want be to the new kid twice. He became quite close to Kevin, often working with him in their father’s laboratory.

When they were confronted by the Hunters, Steven was devastated to have to let his brother be captured. He was almost relieved, then, when he and Devan turned a corner and were captured aswell.

He woke up with Devan, but found now trace of Kevin. Grieved, he vowed to find his brother and together with Devan, they set out to so just that.
Infected At: 15
Infection Effects: Steven’s eye colour became solar-yellow. He doesn’t know it, but he may well be the most powerful of the infected, as he is able to control nuclear reactions.
Other: Steven now accompanies Devan. Together, they long to get back to Kevin. They now follow the trail of those who attended the meeting with Dr Craig, hoping to run into their brother at some point.

Name: Johnathin Right (Professor Right / John)
Blood Type: Rh-
Appearance (Pre-infection): Johnathin was a European of an average build. He had a black beard and hair, with gray patches here and there. He generally wore black trousers and shoes, with a white shirt and lab coat. He also wore circular-lense glasses and a blue tie.
Appearance (Post-infection): [N/A]
Personality: Johnathin is generally good with people and can be a fun person to be around with. In a conversation, he can often randomly start talking about physics, yet the way he talks can interest most around him. He can easily make jokes and easily smiles, though can turn dead serious when something goes wrong. He would go to the ends of the Earth to protect his family. When at the brink of solving something, he often becomes exited and hard to distract. He is incredibly intelligent.
Bio: As a child, Johnathin always appeared smarter than his teachers and pears and quickly became a top student. After school he studied particle physics and quantum mechanics. There he met Sophy, whom he immediately fell in love with. By graduation, he became a full fledged physicist and adopted a post at the university.

A few months later, John and Sophy became married and soon after than they got their first son, Kevin, whom Johnathin always kept closest to his heart, even though he never realized it. Within the next four years, both Devan and Steven were borne as well. Johnathin believed that his sons all took to his intellect and he was right.

As the years passed, though, the marriage became sour. In Sophy’s point of view, her husband was spending too much time with his work and not enough time with his family. As the accusations worsened, the two eventually got divorced, leaving their sons to decide who to move to.

When his sons went missing, Johnathin left the university and went on an urgent campaign to find them.
Infection Type: [N/A]
Infected By: [N/A]
Infected At: [N/A]
Infection Effects: [N/A]
Other: Johnathin will do anything to get back to his sons. This does not exclude killing.

Name: Sophia Wilmore (Sophy)
Appearance (Pre-infection): Sophy was a Latino with long, brunet hair and deep green eyes. She had a rather slim complexion and was a head shorter than her husband. She normally wore a white, tight dress and a silver crucifix chain around her neck and another winded around her left arm, hand and fingers.
Appearance (Post-infection): Sophy’s hair has turned a strange shade of grey, almost silver. Her light brown skin has become almost pale and her eyes have become the same shade of grey as her hair.
Personality: Kind, contempt and sometimes serious, Sophy is the kind of person that will help those who ask for it. She is very good with all kinds of people from all walks of life. She’s able to see from someone’s expression what they are thinking and is able to subconsciously manipulate them to let them open up to her for their own good. Overall, Sophy is a wise woman when it comes to people.
Bio: Sophy grew up in an abusive household in the Bronx of New York City. Her father repetitively beat her and her mother. One day she decided to run away. She ran and ran until an old African-American woman picked her up on the street. The woman, Ashley Malawi, was the head of an orphanage she ran. Sophy grew up in the orphanage with a great deal of love. A far cry from the abusive life she left behind.

When she grew up, she studied human psychology at Harvard. There she met a young physics student. Sophy and John almost immediately fell in love.

In her fourth year, she was contacted by a man she did not expect. Her once abusive father, now a devoted Christian, had tracked her down. Sophy’s father begged her for forgiveness. Seeing that he had indeed changed, she gave in and accepted his apology.

After graduation, Sophy and Johnathin moved to a quite suburb of Denver, where they raised their sons. There, Sophy took up the post of psychologist. One of her patients was 18 year-old Andrew Harper, a boy who had seen terrible horrors during his life. That boy went on to become a gifted student at Harvard.

A few years ago, Sophy’s marriage encountered problems. It seamed to her that Johnathin wasn’t spending enough time with his family, aside from Kevin, who seamed to be smothered in attention while the others, especially Devan, remained neglected. Under a year later, they became divorced.

Devan and Sophy moved to Greeley, where Sophy took on the same psychiatric post, but at a different hospital.

A few years later, Sophy’s sons disappeared. Unlike her ex-husband, she still goes on with her normal life style, though she keeps in touch with all she can who could possibly find her sons. She was so caught up in the mess that she wasn’t even aware of her infection.
Infected By: An infected patient’s sneeze
Infected At: 41
Infection Effects: Her hair and eye colour has become almost silver. She is gradually loosing her characteristic Latino colour as his skin becomes paler. Though it’s still far too early to tell, Sophy has stopped aging…
Other: She was infected by a patient she only had briefly. Almost a year ago, the grand daughter of (the now dead) Ashley Malawi, Sheila Malawi, showed up at her office, complaining about emotional trauma sustained in her homeland. Though the visit was brief and inconclusive, a single sneeze from the infected Sheila spread the virus to Sophy.

Name: Ken Fisher
Blood Type: O
Appearance (Pre-infection): Standing at 5'11" with an average completion, light skin and dark blond hair Ken seamed fairly average. He usually wore blue Jeans and either a snarky T-shirt or a long-sleeve shirt with a black fleece vest over top. He had a thin, almost feminine, face and nearly no facial hair.
Appearance (Post-infection): Ken has started to grow light-blue scales along his arms like that of a shark. He also has a thin membrane growing between his fingers. He gets dehydrated quickly. His nose is becoming straighter, almost parallel to his face, and what appears to be a dorsal fin is growing on his back. The same sort of fin structures are growing, one on each of his arms and legs. His teeth have become sharper and saw-like, almost triangular. He was a gill slit between each of his ribs.
Personality: Quiet, cynical, and doesn't emote a lot in normal conversation. He loves the ocean and water, really. He despises the destruction constantly occurring in the oceans and waters of the Earth. He would do anything to protect those he loves.
Bio: Ken grew up in Alaska to a middle-class family witch was small but tight-knit. He used to go fishing with his father a lot and grew up a fisherman. It was only later, while fishing alone, that he noticed supposed military activity near his home town of Wales. He went in to investigate and found himself captured by the hunters. He saw too much and knew too much. The hunters could make use of him. They told him that he could live, but under two conditions: He would work as one of them and if he told anyone of their activities, or failed to comply to and order, his family would be killed. And so, Ken became a hunter.

To “help” him with his job and to settle the deal, Ken was injected with the blood of a G3-infected bull shark.
Infection Type: G3-AC
Infected By: The hunters
Infection Effects: Ken is becoming more and more like a shark. Gill slits have opened up between each of his ribs, connecting directly to the lungs for submerged breathing. His teeth are becoming triangular, sharp and saw-like, like that of a shark. He’s also slowly becoming cold-blooded, which will eventually be a great disadvantage. He also becomes dehydrated faster than most people.
Other: Whenever he finds a body of water, he will be overcome by an extinctive urge to dive in.

Name: Dan Ferral
Appearance (Pre-infection): Dan was 6'5" and weighs about 245 lbs. He had brown eyes and has shaggy shoulder length dark blonde hair. He was slightly tanned and had a some what husky build, but he was quiet strong. He wore a grey t-shirt with dark baggy jeans and white tennis shoes. He also wore a black hoodie vest and grey fingerless gloves.
Appearance (Post-infection): Dan has become quite pale and his hair has darkened. The most noticeable difference, however, is his extended middle-fingers. They no longer have nails and, like Shade’s fingers, the sharp bone has broken through the skin. They are now ridged bone skewers.
Personality: Dan is serious and rather aggressive. He is not afraid of violence in the least bit and often prefers to end confrontation this way. He is uncomfortable to talk to and he often appears deceptive or even psychopathic.
Bio: Dan was raised in an average household, with both parents and an older brother, Kyle. He was raised as many kids were, though he did have more stuff than others, but that was because he had special needs. That is because most of his childhood life, he was sick with either the flu or some other kind of virus, but after he turned 16 all his viruses and allergies went away like that. He was happy for those years he wasn’t sick, he could then really dedicate his time on his schoolwork and social life. He made a bunch of friends and got amazing grades. Then his parents were murdered.

A gang, previously led by Alexander Wilmore, had shot and killed his parents as they were caught in a gang battle. Grieved and angered, 18-year-old Dan ignored the accident factor and went after the gang who murdered his parents. He overpowered the first one he found and used his gun to kill the rest. In shock at what he had done, he dropped the gun and ran. Kyle, disgusted with what Dan had done, left him.

He got frequently jumped between petty jobs such as waitery and delivery to scratch a living with. As the years passed, he became more and more acceptant over what he had done and found the street life more appealing than the boring life he now led. He soon found himself as part of a gang himself. Jest under a year later, his brother came to meet him. Kyle tried to show Dan that he put the past events behind him, but Dan saw this as an insult and rejected whatever Kyle tried to say. They parted once more. Little did either of them realize that Dan had now contracted the virus. Soon afterwards, he was contacted by Dr Craig.
Infected At: 24
Infection Effects: Dan's disease has turned him into a parasite of sorts. His middle fingers have become almost twice as long as normal, the rigged, pointed bones protruding out of the skin of the finger tips. Tiny holes all along these modified bones allow him to “drink” with his finger, the fluids channeling directly into his bloodstream. He has a thirst for blood.
Other: He stabs his enemies with his fingers and drains them of their blood. Each suck strengthens him and satisfies his violent side.

Name: Kyle Ferral
Appearance (Pre-infection): Kyle stood at 6'7" and weighs about 252 lbs. He had shaggy black hair and green/hazel eyes. He had light skin and a rather strong build, but not over-muscled. He wore white trainers, red and black tracksuit pants, a white, bloodstained shirt and a red/black jacket. He had a large scar cutting from his right (blind) eye down to the bottom of his left cheek.
Appearance (Post-infection): Kyle has become pale and thin as death. His eyes have become a feral yellow and his ears have become pointed, like that of a bat. His canines have lengthened and sharpened, becoming little spikes. His feet have become longer and thinner and his toes, the only parts of his feet he still walks with, have become clawed. His fingers have become much, much longer (the longest at about three meters long) and are now pointed backwards. They have also become webbed with thin skin membranes. He has lost all his hair and has grown a short tail. He no longer wears clothing, as it weighs him down when flying.
Personality: Kyle used to be quite, shy and anti-social. He can become aggressive when angered and has a strong sense of vengeance. When confronted by a strong enough threat, he won’t hesitate to attack.
Bio: A few years before Kyle’s conception, his mother received a bullet in the womb during her first pregnancy. The baby was killed and the damage to the womb was so extensive that the chances were near zero that she would be able to conceive again. Kyle’s parents were devastated, so when his mother became pregnant with him nearly three years later, they were ecstatic and saw him as a blessing. Because of this, they spoiled him tremendously for the first six years of his life. Then Dan was born.

His younger brother was born sick. He was ill nearly every second of his life with some sort of disease. All attention was moved to Dan, because of his “special needs”. Kyle was envied to the very core of his being. He became the introvert. The one on the edge of the picture, while Dan enjoyed the pleasure of being in the middle.

When Kyle graduated from school, he switched between jobs, one after the other. While he worked as a pizza delivery man, he heard that his parents had been killed in the Bronx. He quit his job and went home in an attempt to support Dan, but the night of his arrival, Dan wasn’t there. He found his younger brother a few hours later, he found Dan clutching a gun in front of a bunch of dead bodies. He looked into his brother’s eyes and saw hate. Hate witch then turned into fear and shock. The two parted ways and ran in opposite directions. Dan out of fear, and Kyle out of disgust.

Kyle found it hard to find a new job and became, for the lack of a better word, a hobo. He was soon adopted into one of the many gangs of New York. During his time with the gang, he was attacked in the face with a knife, blinding his one eye and staining his shirt with blood. One night, during a heavy storm, the gang was confronted by the cops. During a fierce gunfight, Kyle’s gang was gunned down while he managed to escape down an alleyway. He was pursued by one of the officers and, fearing for his life, Kyle shot the man once in the head and twice in the heart. Shocked and horrified with what he had done, he fled the seen and sought refuge within a nearby cathedral. He cried in the front of the chapel, begging for forgiveness. A man walked up to him. Father Alexander. The man told him to go back to his brother and forgive him just like he had to forgive himself. He left. He never even noticed the bat on his shoulder.

However, when he reached Dan, his brother wanted nothing to do with him and chased him away. However, Kyle still follows Dan, in secret, watching over his little brother.
Infection Type: G3-NHC
Infected By: Bitten by an infected vampire bat
Infected At: 25
Infection Effects: He has slowly begun transformation into a semi-human form of the bat that bit him. He has an amazing sense of smell and (especially) hearing. He makes strange clicking noises from time to time. Combined with his incredible hearing, this allows him to use echo-location. He is able to use his long, webbed hands as wings to fly for short distances and prefers hanging upside down. He is able to see perfectly fine in the dark. Three negative side effects to his infection are his light, yet fragile bones, his extreme light sensitivity and his near-constant thirst for blood.
Other: He tries to feed off mammals other than humans, but he wouldn’t hesitate biting and drinking from a human when needed. He doesn’t know it yet, but he infected Dan during their last visit by coughing in his direction.

Name: Alexander Wilmore (Father Alexander)
Blood Type: B-
Appearance (Pre-infection): Father Alexander is a short man, but has a very athletic build. His face is covered in scars from when he used to be in a gang. A more obvious trace of that forgotten life is his vastly tattooed right arm, which he keeps hidden beneath his clothing. He is entirely bald, and due to an accident after which a member of his congregation had to give him a new iris, he now has two differently colored eyes, one blue, the other green. He generally wears his priestly robes, or a suit, or some other dignified attire. Anything that will hide his “unholy” right arm.
Appearance (Post-infection): [N/A]
Personality: He is the definition of a zealot, a religious fanatic. He has taken a Book of Forgiveness which allowed him first into the faith and turned it into something entirely different, far more sinister, a weapon in its own right. He has an incredible sense of justice, but also a deep knowing that often the few must die for the saving of the many.

He gets what he wants, and will do anything necessary to accomplish what he believes God wants of him, he is starting to crack…
Bio: Alexander was abandoned by his parents shortly after birth, and grew up in the Bronx, a harsh life, but he was tough, and rose to prominence as a gang leader. He did drugs, he sold drugs, he killed people - he was the definition of scum. He had a girlfriend in the gang as well and, inevitably, she became pregnant. He was a horrible father. He beat both his girlfriend and his daughter, until she one day ran away. One night, he killed his supposed girlfriend in cold blood.

His life as the brutal gangster continued, until one day he got taken to court for murder. The victim’s mother was speaking. He had killed her husband in a drive-by shooting. Alexander expected her to break down there and then and shout at him with tears in her eyes for what he had done. She didn’t. She forgave him.

That was where his life changed. He was accepted his religion while in jail and became incredibly faithful. He read, and he preached, and throughout the place people began to follow him. He got out on parole early on good behavior, for even the warden and guards were amazed. Everyone in the compound loved him.

The first thing he did as a free man was to track down his daughter. He scoured the news archives of the year she ran away, looking for any article of a found girl with her picture or description. After two years of searching, he found her. She was now a 23-year-old Harvard Student. Surprisingly, she had kept her name. Sophia Wilmore. He asked her for forgiveness, and she gave it. Satisfied, he returned to New York.

From there, he joined the church, and continued to rise in rank and soon was very well-known with one of the largest churches in New York. Now there’s talk of the virus. A plague Alexander believes is a punishment sent by God.
Infection Type: [N/A]
Infected By: [N/A]
Infected At: [N/A]
Infection Effects: [N/A]
Other: The Church was very large, so he is very wealthy and knows lots of people in lots of places. He spends his nights praying for both his daughter, grand children and all those who’s lives he destroyed or took, including his old love.

Name: Grimm Jones
Appearance (Pre-infection): 10’3”, 270 pounds, stormy grey eyes, and black shoulder length hair, Grimm had an abnormal appearance. He always wore all black pants and long sleeve black shirt and due to spending most of his life indoors has a pale white complexion.
Appearance (Post-infection): Grimm’s back is a full foot longer than it originally was and is extremely flexible, while his legs from the ankle down closely resemble those of a large deer or maybe a moose. He is becoming pale, like the other infected, and his eyes have become slightly bloodshot.
Personality: He's a bit of a reclusive guy, mainly because of his low self esteem and the bullies he had to put up with in his youth. He's gentle, but is also very paranoid. On a good day, he may be able to make it across the street without yelling in fear of being hit by a car. Nowadays he gets scared out of his mind at even the slightest sound. He thinks it's due to his paranoia, making him believe every sound is an enemy.
Bio: Spent most of his life alone, never going to parties, never making friends, never doing anything of great significance. He was scytsophrenic.

His mother would always be by his side, ready to play-protect him whenever he thought they were being followed, that everyone wanted to hurt them or someone was out to get them. His mother spent nearly her entire life trying to protect him from his mind, as his father had abandoned them in shame of his son’s illness. Then, a few years ago, Grimm’s aging mother died of a heart attack and he was places in a special care centre for the mentally unstable. The next two years would be a tough time for him. Nurses simply couldn’t replace the role of his mother, but, even so, his state seamed to be improving. Then, a few weeks ago, he became ill and his paranoia fully returned. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he became panicky and ran away.

Scared and confused, he wandered the streets of his native New Jersey, searching for his mother. Miraculously, Dr. Craig was able to get him to come to the briefing without much trouble. Grimm found comfort with the man.
Infection Type: Physical
Infected At: 21
Infection Effects: It has and is changing his body towards becoming a faster and better runner. So far he's had changes to his legs and back. The changes to his back and legs allow him to run much faster than a normal human. Stronger leg muscles allow him to jump higher and faster as well.
Other: Grimm has an intense fear of big dogs. He also twitches uncontrollably at all times and believes the Hunters are proof of his paranoid hypothesis of those out to get him. The fact that he’s not the only Hunted gives him comfort, because, for the first time, he believes that he’s no longer alone. He now has people to trust.

Name: Eli Harper
Appearance (Pre-infection): Eli was tall, skinny, and pale. He's about 6'2'' tall and had short, dark hair. He only had one eye, the right one, and it's blue-green, flecked with gold. He wore a Hunter uniform (all black combat clothing) and combat boots. He has a strict face and frown marks on his forehead.
Appearance (Post-infection): (Later) Eli has no set form. His skin is raw and he no longer has any hair.
Personality: Very hot-tempered and aggressive, Eli follows orders diligently and usually without question. He rarely smiles and when he does, it’s usually either sarcastic or sadistic. He’s loyal to his superiors, yet longs to be his own boss. He never lets go of grudges.
Bio: Eli was born into an average, middle-class household with his twin brother Andrew. They grew up in Greeley, Colorado. They grew up happily, though, each parent had their favorite. Their mother’s favorite was Andrew, while their father’s was Eli. There was never any conflict between them until the age of seven, when their father succumbed to heart cancer. The mother was left to see to her sons, keeping Andrew her favorite.

Though he never realized it, their mother always gave more attention to Andrew, always accepted his faults and praised him at his accomplishments. Eli remained neglected, was punished for his faults while his accomplishments went unnoticed. He grew up jealous and loveless. He always despised Andrew because of this.

While Andrew became a top student, Eli’s marks plummeted, as he just didn’t care trying to impress his mother anymore. While his brother got an acceptance at Harvard, Eli decided to get away from his neglected life and join the army. He proved himself an exceptional fighter in the Afghan War, as he was able to use his childhood anger against his enemies. He was merciless, and when he returned home, he was immediately recruited by the hunters.
Infection Type: (Later) G1
Infected At: 36
Infection Effects: Eli will be able to control his mutations in the same way as his brother.
Other: Eli’s main (and secret) objective as a hunter is to find and kill Patient Zero, as to finally rid himself of the brother he never loved.

Name: Luke Shen
Blood Type: B-
Appearance (Pre-infection): Luke was a tall, but not overly so, Japanese man. He had a very upright posture, giving him the look of an important person who knew what he was doings, and he had a small stubble beard around his chin. He wore glasses even though he didn't need to all the time. His eyes were a stormy blue, and if he were to stare at you, it would feel like his eyes were seeing more than most could. His hair was a strange blend of ginger and blonde, a result achieved through a dodgy hairspray he once used, and was normally messy. If the hairspray were to fade, if would reveal his natural black hair.
Appearance (Post-infection): Like other G4 infected, the only noticeable change was in eye colour. Luke’s eyes turned from storm blue to electric blue.
Personality: Luke is mostly serious, but caring for those in need. He is easily offended, but will try to hide it. He’s generally a quite person, but not exactly introverted.
Bio: Born and raised in Japan, Luke has always had a love for computers. He became a young software engineer at the age of 14 and went on from there to become a major player in software development.

His father used to be a samurai, though he died shortly before Luke’s birth. His mother was raised as a peasant, but moved to the city in search of new job opportunities. Luke’s fascination of computers started at a young age. He was able to build complex programs by the time he reached high school.

He studied computer engineering and programming for four years before graduating. After graduation, he immigrated to the US to work as a PC engineer for Microsoft. As soon as he arrived, he was captured by the Hunters.
Infected At: 24
Infection Effects: Besides for the change in eye colour, Luke can control electrical energy. To control electricity, it must first be present and he has to come in contact with the source in order to manipulate it. The electricity loses a great deal of power when he does manipulate it and normally doesn’t have more of an effect than a particularly strong static shock. He is also able to control magnetism and use his powers to “communicate” with computers.
Other: Though he inherited his father’s swords, he has never used them. Instead, he uses them as ornaments of personal value. He has taken them with him to the US.

[The other 15 are pending - I'll put them in order-of-importance when all are done]

Last edited by DNC - DudeMan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 pm

*asks about the different Generations*
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Gen. 1: The origional (and for years the most powerful) form of the Darkrise virus, Patient 0 is the only individual to have contracted it. It has completely fused with Patient 0's mind. He's still himself, but with an altered perspective on things. He is able to conciously controll his (very rapid) mutations (alot like he does in the origional RP) and can controll the virus telepathically. This makes him the most pwoerful (up untill G4).

Gen. 2: The virus can be transmitted from person to person via fluids (eg. blood, saliva, vomit, etc.). The G2 strain can be contracted either by infection through Patient 0 (usually through being bitten) or from another G2. The virus can be supressed by conciousness, so (since every infected after Patient 0) the virus kills the host and taked controll over their bodies. Their mutations may not be concious (infact, it's mostly random) but it still accurs rapidly (mutation can be conplete in about two days) and the mutaions are generally extreme. Animals are also susseptable to the virus. They can only truly be killed by killing the brain (starve ot of oxygen (shoot the heart), shoot them in the head, etc.).

Gen. 3: With G3 cme a few huge mutations in the virus itself. An unknown woman (now known as Patient X) was bitten by a G2, but instead of becoming a mindless zomie, she stayed alive. The virus had somehow changed with her in two key ways: It has leart to "co-oporate" with the host and was now able to mutate it with it still alive. The mutations are alot slower, supressable by the host and alot less drastic. The second is that (for only one, yet undetermined bloodtype) the virus has become air borne. This meens that within weeks, all individuals with this bloodtype would've contracted the virus.

When a G3 dies, howeverm the harmony of semi-concious mutation is broken and they essencially become a G2. With all infected (even G2 - excluding G1 & 4) mutation comes in stages.

There are three distinct types of G3 mutation:

-Human Contraction: HC is the norm. These infected were either of the blood type that could contract G3 via air, or (if they were not of that blood type) they were infected by another human G3. They mutate randomly, but can choose to accept or suppress mutations if they feel it coming.

-Animal Contraction: AC are those who've contracted the virus from an animal. They will mutate into a semi-human combo of that animal, witch would include hair and eye colour. (Jake (my werewolf-like character) from the origional RP would count as a G3-AC.)

-Genetic Contraction: GC have only recently come into being. With them, one of their parent (both, eventually - the virus is sexually transmitable aswell) were infected. The virus was then passed on to the child. The mutations are completed within the womb. At birth, the mutations stop. They are generally mutated with things such as extra toes, no fingers or three heads. Kinda like birth defects, only generally alot more extreme (eg. your child may come out as something closer to a dragon or fish than a human).

Gen. 4: G4. The absolute minority. Examples are little girl (Patient X2), Alex (fromt he origional RP) and a rougue hunter (the one's trying to destroy the virus by exterminating the infected). G4 was create in a lab by slightly altering the virus to make it useful as a weapon. The result weren't quite as intended. Instead of physical mutations (except for the rougue hunter), you could say they gained psychic powers...

Last edited by DNC - DudeMan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 pm

*applauds*

Go! Go! Go!
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Ok, I edited it to completion. You may notice that *powers* have been removed from the conventional virus and instead given only to G4 (witch would perhaps be mods only if this was an RP).
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Likeomg.
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 pm

G3-HC would be the most fun to play as (considering you're not playing as a pre-set character with pre-set mutations) because you'll be able to vaguely controll your mutations (Please ask how), though playing as Patient 0 or as one of the G4 characters would be best if you're looking for power! Twisted
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

I loved Patient Zero. I may have to go back and read that roleplay again.
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Well, there are two majour changes:

A) He's not Eli. Eli is a G4 (more like a G1, realy) who'm I'll explain in a bit.

B) He's alot older (40 years older than he is in the RP, or something). He was a univercity student allong with Alex. Both were abducted (will be explained shortly). Patient 0 (forgot his *real* name) became, well, Patient 0 and still lives now, 40-shomthing years later. Alex was frozen and awoken as a G4 (power = can make herself unseen to others (invisibility) but does not actually go invisible) also 40-something years later.
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Schweet. I'm glad you kept my characters even though you changed them a bit. xP
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Most of the characters introduces in the RP has been kept, though the story line's changed rather drastically.

Also, you haven't asked how G3-HC characters (only G3 will be play-able for normal players. G2 will be NPC and G1 & 4 will be reserved for mods - yes, this will be a partly online game Wink ) will be able to controll their mutation yet!
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm

OMGLIEKHOW?
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 am

The mutation will randomly come to you. There will be hidden "mutation trees" where each branch would be a different mutation. As the stages of mutation comes, you'll be able to accept (the mutation commences) or supress (the mutation gets cancelled) the mutation.

Eg.

"You feel an ich in your hands. Accept or supress?"

Accept

(Later) "Your palms have started burning. Accept or supress?"

Supress

(Later) "Your fingers are tingling. Accept or supress?"

Accept

(Later) "Your finger tips are aching. Accept or supress?"

Accept

(Later) "You feel a ripping sensation in your finger tips. Accept or supress?"

Accept

(Later) "Your finger tips rupture, revealing extended finger bone-claws."

I allready have the mutation trees for hands and arms thought out. Wink
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 am

Schweet.

I decided to reread the roleplay. I posted in present tense! xD
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:31 am

There was a time when the great Osaka posted in present tense??? :huh!?:
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 am

Apparently so.
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 am

:what:

Anyway, I may be posting concept art for the mutation trees later today.

So, that's how G3-HC's will mutate in the game. Would you like to know what I've got inmind for the other G3 types? Happy
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Sure. :3
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm

G3-GC:

As I've said, genetically contracted infected finish mutation by the time they are borne. They generally apprear super-retarded. As in two heads, a tail, four eyes, no arms and a tougue comming out of each shoulder. That kinda super-retarded.

The option to play as one of these will only be unlocked if you've played for a while. You'll create your character from scratch. Litterally. You'll start out by choosing a couple of body templates (bone structure only). There wil be stuff like a normal bodies, dragon bodies, multi-armed bodies, centaur-like bodies, tailed bodies, etc. etc. etc. Many to choose from. From there the second step would be to edit the bone structure. There are basically four controlls for this:

-Add new bones onto joins/end of other bones from a "bone box" (kinda like Spore's parts-pallet)

-Coppy bones (and all bones conected to those bones) by pressing "alt" or something (will work like with limbs on Spore) - you'll also be able to put the coppied bone structure in the bone box for later use (you'l be able to save these and they will be available next time as "parts")

-Morph bones by clickin on them. You'll by able to use moph handels or the mouse wheel to edit the bone

The skeleton-editor is very much based off the Spore editors, but with alot more creative freedom (for one thing, no complexity meter). You'll also be able to use assimmetry.

The third step will add flesh to your guy. You'll first be able to arrange organs (there are some special organs such as gills and web shooters). You'll be able to choose where to put eyes (fill influence the camera's angle and possition in FPS camera mode) aswell as morph the sizes of internal organs. The use for this? A larger heart and lungs will increase your guy's stamina and a more complex digestive system will be able to convert food into energy faster (the game will be super realistic, unless you choose otherwise in the options menu).

The next step will be to do stuff like the size of musles, skin tone (even transparrency!!), hair colour, eye colour and such. After this you'll be able to add the humanly things like clothing (may be hard for some bodies - this will be like The Sims 3's sim editor, not like Spore's outfitters - the clothing will auto-adapt to the body - it'll be allitle hard to program).

Finally, you'll give him/her a name. With other characters (eg. G3-HC characters) the only step will be the last one. Dawa!

G3-AC:

You'll need to have your character star out as a non-infected for this type (non-infected is the only type unlocked at the start of the game. Next comes G3-HC, after witch you'll be able to play as a Hunter and later you'll unlock the option to make a G3-GC character).

For simplicity's sake, there are only a few animals that will be able to attack and thus infect you (infected animals will be allittle rare). The animals I've chosen out are:

-Cats (all cat breeds and species will mutate you into the same shape - the your eye, skin and fur colour, fur leangth depends on that of the cat - same with everything else)
-Dogs (same as above - wolves fall under this)
-Wasps/Bees/Hornets (All will give you the same shape, but colours (as all the rest) depends on the individual that infected you)
-Scorpions (still the same)
-Spiders (still)
-Snakes
-Bats (specifically vampire)
-Crocodiles/Aligators/Caymen (Same as bees)
-Sharks (you'll need ALOT of luck to get infected by one of these)
-That's about it

Unlike G3-HC, you wont be able to controll your mutation, nor will it be random. This is mainly because you are not being infected by your own species. You'll basically mutate to look like a semi-human combo of the individual who bit you, as in the case of Jake from the origionaly RP. Wink

So, what do you think? I hope I didn't ruin your origional idea too much. Geek
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:59 pm

You certainly did change it a lot. xP

I liek.
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:17 pm

^^

Say, would you mind giving a quick overview of the origional RP's plot and summary? I forgot most of if. ^^'
Back to top Go down
DNC - Osaka
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - Osaka

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Taken right from the RP:

All in all, you are a sick person being hunted so that the researchers and scientists can find a cure. But you don’t want a cure because the virus has altered your way of thinking the slightest amount. Your goal is to get from New York City, New York to Crucible, Pennsylvania without being caught. You can defend yourself well enough; the virus has changed you. As time passes, however, the ones hunting you will learn more and be able to capture you better. So get there fast.
Back to top Go down
DNC - DudeMan
>>DNC Crew<<
>>DNC Crew
DNC - DudeMan

Last Light Character

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Lol, we never got there. XD

I'll post the plot I had inmind as soon as I finish my super-long post on my "War of the Gods" RP. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkrise - The Strain   Darkrise - The Strain Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkrise - The Strain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next